Saturday, May 10, 2008

Midnight Flower Raid

Here are a few shots I got while experimenting with on-camera flash. All shots were taken with Panasonic's Lumix FZ-8. 
Special thanks to Keelie for her amazing access skills, allowing us (Elizabeth and I) into the back room of the Flower Station to get these shots. Lighting in the flower freezer and the green house was really bad... normally. When you're experimenting with flash, it was perfect.

These Gerber Daises were not arranged. I just got down on the ground and shot them from below just as they were in the water bucket of the freezer. 

Location: The Flower Station

Camera Used: Panasonic Lumix FZ-8



The Gerber daisies again, this time from above. The flash was (accidentally) covered by an orange daisy above (off camera) acting as a flash gel (because I forgot mine) and giving this image that warm light that works so well on the 'fuzzies' of the stems.

Location:  The Flower Station

Camera Used: Panasonic Lumix FZ-8
A beautiful white daisy shot in macro. The flash really brought out the very clean petals of the flower.

Location: The Flower Station

Camera Used: Panasonic Lumix FZ-8

This image was not altered in post production. This is the straight image, using only the on camera flash. When I saw the result on my screen I naturally squealed (a very manly squeal) with delight. 

The sleeping sunflower. One of a few in the freezer kept cold so it keeps closed. Ten minutes in the flower freezer and my hands felt like ice. Luckily, I'm not bothered by that. Sadly, my camera is.

Location: The Flower Station

Camera Used: Panasonic FZ-8

I don't remember the name of this one, but I loved it. Adjusted color and levels in post.

Location: The Flower Station

Camera Used: Panasonic Lumix FZ-8


No comments: