Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Schmitz

A huge thanks to Caroline for being my model for the night and walking around in the middle of the city in a prom dress and getting honked and stared at. 
The whole shoot was very random. I saw her at work, she wasn't doing anything, we arranged the time and here are the results. 

Taken outside an antique store, I loved the old bench and clean windows. 

Location: Downtown Natchez 

Camera Used: Canon Rebel Xsi

Lens Used: Canon 18-55mm IS

The Ritz theater (in the background) is one of my favorite locations downtown. It's such a nice building, and I can't wait for it to re-open.

Location: Downtown Natchez

Camera Used: Canon Rebel Xsi

Lens Used: Canon 18-55mm IS

I know this one looks a lot like the one above, but I really liked them both. The church in the background is absolutely beautiful, even in the background.

Location: Downtown Natchez

Camera Used: Canon Rebel Xsi

Lens Used: Canon 18-55mm IS

I love the lighting in this one. It's all natural light, the spotlight effect coming from the reflection of the windows of the building across the street.

Location: Downtown Natchez

Camera Used: Canon Rebel Xsi

Lens Used: Canon 18-55mm IS

Thank you wide angle lens. Again the light is all natural.
 Added slight edge blur for added softness in post.

Location: Downtown Natchez

Camera Used: Canon Rebel Xsi

Lens Used: Canon 18-55mm IS


This was the first image I had in my head when I asked her to do this shoot. The idea of someone standing in the middle of the road in a gown appealed to me greatly. I didn't pose her in this one because I liked the almost awkwardness of her stance. I mean, she's standing in the street. Doesn't get much more awkward than that.

Location: Downtown Natchez

Camera Used: Canon Rebel Xsi

Lens Used: Canon 18-55mm IS
Getting Ready.

Caroline attempts to put in her grandmother's hairpins. They, sadly, wouldn't stay in, but we got some great shots nonetheless. 

Location: Downtown Natchez

Camera Used: Canon Rebel Xsi

Lens Used: Canon 18-55mm IS

No comments: